6/20/13

Ben Levin Group's Live Studio Performance of "Goddess" a tribute to a transgender person



Published on Jun 19, 2013
www.BenLevinGroup.com

The members of Ben Levin Group are all allies and supporters of LGBT rights. This song is a portrait of a courageous transgender person's experience and is inspired by Neil Gaiman's Sandman story "A Game of You."
Lyrics:

No pretending no secrets
No more wondering if I am sick
No more hiding no more masks
No more lying when people ask
I'm a goddess in the sky
You can't see me, sun's to bright
Thunder clouds blow 'round my soul
Through this fog I'll come out whole
Singing.
I wear mascara and my stockings high
Look so beautiful in this dim light
And they cackle and they yell and they follow me
And they say that I'm freak when they call to me
A hormone tablet in a glass of wine
Funhouse mirror flash of what's inside
And I fight with my dreams and I barely breathe
And the razor tip's slowly lowering
Oh my lover tells me that he's gonna leave
Father tries to beat it out of me
But I am who I am and I need to be
More than contradictions fictions and atrocities
Singing.


No comments: